Type of Dish Dessert
- 200 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour (for dough)
- 50 g (1/2 cup) butter (for dough)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) water (or as needed) (for dough)
- 200 ml (1 cup) water (to make choux)
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter (to make choux)
- 200 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour (to make choux)
- 3 3 eggs (to make choux)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) almond extract (to make choux)
- 200 g (1 cup) confectioners' sugar (for glaze)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) double cream (for glaze)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) butter, softened (for glaze)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) almond extract (for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- To make the dough cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup flour work with your fingers to combine. Add water as needed and mix until crumbly, leaving pea sized chunks. On a floured surface roll out the dough make a long rectangle shape (3 or 4 inches in width). Place on a rectangular cookie sheet.
- To make choux, In a small saucepan over high heat, bring 1 cup water and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour, mix until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in 1 teaspoon almond extract. Spread this mixture evenly over the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes. The pastry will fall a little as it cools.
- To make glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cream, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Spread over pastry as soon as it's removed from the oven. Serve at room temperature.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 50 minutes.