Russian style Zucchini Pancakes with Yogurt
Type of Dish Side Dish
- 400 g (2 cups) zucchini (finely shredded)
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 150 g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 g (1 tsp) sugar
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 50 g (1/4 cup) melted butter
- Grate zucchini on a medium grater (do not peel them). In a large bowl, beat eggs, add grated zucchini and mix well. Add flour, sugar, salt, olive oil and stir well to blend.
- Finally, add baking powder and mix to combine. (consistency should be like heavy whipping cream).
- In a frying pan over medium flame add some butter (add a little more before cooking each pancake). Spoon batter into pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake).
- Cook until bubbles form on the top of the pancake (about 2 minutes). Turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Serve pancakes warm with sour cream or yogurt.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.