Ukranian Honey Cake
Type of Dish Dessert
- 100 g (1 cup) honey (warmed in a pot over hot water)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 300 g (1 1/2 cups) soft flour
- 5 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1.5 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1 orange (zested)
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to190°C (375°F), Grease a 23cm (7 inch) cake tin with butter and dust with flour.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together. Beat honey with a whsik until frothy, add eggs one by one, add the lemon juice and orange zest, add flour mixture (flour salt and baking powder). Whisk to combine.
- Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes minutes and check the cake. When done, it will shrink slightly from the pan. Continue baking for 5 minutes if it isn't ready yet.
- Turn it out of the pan while still hot, and let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container for a day before serving.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.