Norwegian Rhubarb Pudding
Type of Dish Dessert
- 300 ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 280 g (1 1/2 lbs) fresh rhubarb (chopped)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) cold water
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) cornstarch
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 200 ml (1 cup) chilled whipping cream
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) sugar
- Heat 300ml water and 150g sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally and add rhubarb. Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Mix 50ml water and the cornstarch, stir into rhubarb. Heat to boiling point stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into serving bowls cover and refrigerate. Beat whipping cream and 30g sugar in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Serve rhubarb pudding chilled with whipped cream
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.