Type of Dish Main Course
- 20 g (1 1/2 Tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 700 g 700g (1 1/2 lbs) beef skirt steak (5cm dice)
- 2 medium onions (large dice)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) sweet paprika powder
- 2 large red bell peppers (diced)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 450 g (1 lb) tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 200 ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- to serve steamed rice
- to serve sour cream
- Add butter and oil to a large heavy-based saucepan, heat over medium-high flame, add half the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes until browned. Transfer beef to a bowl and repeat with remaining beef.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook for until tender (about 10 minutes). Return beef and any juices to pan. Add garlic and paprika. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, tomato paste, tomato, stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley. To serve divide rice between bowls, top with goulash and sour cream.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.