Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Type of Dish Soup
- 60 g (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 450 g (1lb) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 g (2 tsp) dried dill
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) paprika
- 600 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 200 ml (1 cup) milk
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) all purpose flour
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 20 g (1/4 cup) fresh parsley (chopped)
- 200 ml (1 cup) sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onions in the butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika and stock. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.