Mussels Cooked in Garlic Cream Sauce (Moule Mariniere)
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1.5 kg (3 lbs) mussels (scrubbed and washed)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) butter
- 200 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 300 ml (1 1/2 cup) double Cream
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) shallots (finely chopped)
- 15 g (1/2 Tbsp) parsley (chopped)
- to taste white pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 2 Shallots (Finely Chopped)
- In a saucepan sauté garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes until soft, add the white wine and reduce by half, add the cream, bring to a simmer. Add the live mussels (in the shell) and the parsley to the boiling sauce, put the lid on, turn up to high flame and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove lid and check if mussels have opened, if all mussels are open it is ready, if some mussels did not open discard them.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.