Type of Dish Main Course
- 800 g (2 lbs) potato wedges (Blanched)
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) demiglace sauce
- 200 g (1/2 lb) cheese curds (or cheddar cheese)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Warm up demiglace sauce and season with salt and pepper. Fry the potato wedges in good quality clean vegetable oil at 180°C until crispy.
- Arrange the hot crispy potato wedges on 4 large serving plates, pour the sauce on top. Scatter the cheese on top. Put under a hot grill to melt the cheese. Serve hot.
- As far as I know this is as close to the traditional item as I can get…. If there are any poutine aficionados then I’m happy to hear your comments
- I will upload a reall recipe for home made demiglace at some point for those of you who are not sure how to make it. It would be possible of course to make this with instabd demiglace or gravy. Also you could try with other kinds of cheese. You could also add bacon or sausages to this dish. There are of course many variations of this dish in Canada.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.