New York Cheesecake
Type of Dish Dessert
- 200 g (1 cup) graham cracker crumbs
- 40 g (2 ½ Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 20 g (1½ Tbsp) sugar
- 1.1 kg (2 ½ lbs) cream cheese (softened)
- 300 g (1 ½ cups) sugar
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 orange (zested)
- 2 ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g (½ cup) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Butter the bottom of a 23cm (9 inch) springform pan. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well. Press onto bottom of springform pan and bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. When completely cooled, butter the sides of the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 230°C (450°F). In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, zests and vanilla and beat until light and creamy. Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 90°C (200°F) and bake for 1 hour more. Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate cake overnight before serving.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.