Type of Dish Dessert
- 200 g (1/2 lb) cream cheese
- 400 g (2 cups) pumpkin (cooked)
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 g (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 200 ml (1 cup) cream
- 100 g (¼ cup) butter (melted)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2.5 g (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1.25 g (¼ tsp) ground ginger
- 300 g (¾ lb) ready made sweet pastry
- 150 ml (5fl oz) Whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to180°C 350°F. Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick and line a 23cm pie form. Put the pie shell back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely. Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds) and place it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and beginning to color.
- For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, cream, and melted butter, and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and gingerand mix well.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and bake for 45 minutes until the center is set. Place pie on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.