Type of Dish Salad
- 200 g (1 cup) bulgur cracked wheat
- 3 tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and chopped)
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint (chopped)
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Place cracked wheat in bowl and cover with 2 cups boiling water. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix the cracked wheat with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for for 30 minutes for the flavours to combine. Serve as part of a meze of with grilled dishes. It makes a great side dish for any BBQ.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.