Seafood Ceviche with Coriander & Red Onion
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 8 black tiger prawns (boiled/peeled)
- 8 slices scallop sashimi
- 4 slices salmon sashimi
- 4 slices sea bass sashimi
- 8 slices clam Sashimi
- 4 slices tuna Sashimi
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 20 ml (1 1/4 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) yuzu juice
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) soy sauce
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) black pepper
- 5 g (1 tsp) garlic paste
- 4 g (3/4 tsp) fresh jalapeno chili
- 4 g (3/4 tsp) fresh grated ginger
- To make the dressing, just mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use. Prepare the vegetables and the fish. To finish the dish mix the fish, vegetables and dressing together in a bowl and then serve.
- Please take care when serving raw fish, as it must be extremely fresh. Best to buy from a reliable source. I like to serve this Ceviche with Crispy French bread, rocket salad and a lemony white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I enjoy Pouilly-Fumé also with this dish as the thick, dry and smokey notes amuse me. Sometimes I might even go for a Gewurztraminer as I find the fruitiness contrasts nicely with the spicy/citrus flavors of the ceviche. Since this is a healthy section of my website I should mention, don't forget to drink in moderation. Recommended amounts of alcohol should be 1 to 1 1/2 glasses of wine with a meal. Small amounts of wine can actually be beneficial to our health.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.