Beef Carpaccio with Rocket, Parmesan & Truffle oil
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 300 g (3/4 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1 bunch rocket
- 30 g (1 oz) parmesan shavings
- 12 ml (3/4 Tbsp) Italian white truffle oil
- to taste black pepper
- to taste sea salt
- Normally the beef is completely raw for Carpaccio. I like to sear the block of beef for about 8 seconds each side and then cool quickly in the freezer. Its still about 98% raw but I just think this adds a bit of flavor to the dish. Before you sear the beef season it with salt and pepper.
- Slice the (seared and cooled block of beef) as thinly as you can. Arrange the slices of beef on the plates. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with truffle oil. Scatter the rocket and Parmesan over the beef.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 5 minutes.