Halloumi Skewers with Red Pepper Salsa & Rocket
Type of Dish Main Course
- 200 g (1/2 lb) halloumi cheese
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) roasted red pepper salsa (recipe below)
- 60 g (2 oz) rocket
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 8 mini pita bread
- 1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 g (1 Tbsp) Flat parsley (chopped)
- Prepare the roasted red pepper salsa first, this will take about an hour. Slice the red onion very thinly. Cut the Halloumi cheese into large dice (2cm) and marinade with black pepper, olive oil and garlic. Put the Halloumi onto skewers and BBQ over hot coals until nicely colored.
- Warm the pita bread, cut an opening in each bread. Stuff the rocket inside, then add the hot halloumi cheese, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top. Pour some roasted red pepper sauce on top and finish with some sliced red onion and chopped parsley. Serve with salad and olives.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 5 minutes.