Japanese style Pickled Cucumber (Kyuri Tukemono)
- 2 Japanese Cucumbers
- 10 g (2tsp) Salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Rice Vinegar
- 60 g (2 Tbsp) Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 8 g (1 1/2tsp) Sesame Seeds
- 5 g (1tsp) Wakame Seaweed
- Wash the cucumbers and slice into rounds. Place in a bowl and sprinkle the 10g (2 tsp) of salt on top, mix together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the salt and drain the cucumbers.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place in a lidded container and let sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours and it will be ready to eat. If you wait 3-4 days before the flavor will mellow and improve.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 2 hours.