Crispy Zucchini Fritters with Yogurt & Lemon (Kolokitho Keftedes)
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 400 g zucchini (grated & squeezed)
- 50 g (¼ cup) crumbled feta
- a splash ouzo (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 2 spring onions (chopped)
- ¼ bunch mint (chopped)
- ¼ bunch dill (chopped)
- ¼ bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 1 egg
- to taste sea salt
- 1 lt (5 cups) vegetable oil for deep frying
- 200 g (1 cup) Yogurt
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Mix zucchini, feta, ouzo, garlic, spring onion, herbs and egg together, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in enough flour and breadcrumbs that you can work with the mixture to form balls. Form the mixture into balls and dust lightly with flour.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Serve hot along with yogurt, lemon wedges and Greek salad.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.