Grilled Asparagus with Truffle Oil & Parmigiano Reggiano
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 20 pieces green asparagus (peeled)
- 60 g (2 oz) Parmigiano Reggiano (shaved)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Italian white truffle oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) light olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water briefly (about 20-30 seconds), Refresh in icy water. Drain, dry on kitchen Paper and reserve. Using a Potato Peeler, shave the Pamigiano into thing long shavings. preheat a griddle pan (or a BBQ grill). Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and light olive oil. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes. To Dish up, divide the asparagus between 4 plates, scatter the Pamigiano shavings over the asparagus, drizzle with white truffle oil and serve immediately.
- If you can get fresh truffles then even better. My tip is when grilling the asparagus try not to color them to much as if the grill flavor is too strong it tends to hide the truffle fragrance a bit.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.