Green Beans with Lemon and Almonds
Type of Dish Side Dish
- 600 kg (1¼ lbs) green beans
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) of olive oil
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) flaked almonds (toasted)
- Trim the ends off green beans, remove zest from lemon with a fine grater. Juice the lemon.
- Blanch beans for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, refresh in cold icy water and drain. Place the lemon juice and olive oil in a saucepan over low heat, add the beans, season with salt and pepper stir to coat and warm through.
- To serve place beens on a serving dish and drizzle with the warn lemon oil. Garnish with lemon zest and scatter with toasted almonds.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.