Cinnamon Apple Pie with Honey & Yogurt
Type of Dish Dessert
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) low fat margarine
- 500 g (1¼ lb) apple (peeled & coarsely chopped)
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) cinnamon powder
- 20 g (1 ½ Tbsp) honey (keep 1/2 Tbsp to garnish)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 180 ml (1/2 lb) low fat yogurt
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- In a hot fry pan, saute the apple briefly with sunflower oil, add cinnamon and honey, stir, remove from pan and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the margarine, divide the apple into 4 portions.
- Use 3 sheets of filo per portion. With a pastry brush, brush the margarine lightly onto one sheet of filo. place another sheet of filo on top. Brush the top of the filo one more time and then place the third sheet of filo on top.
- Place one portion of apple mixture on top of the filo. Roll up the filo and fold at each end. Repeat the process to make 4 portions.
- Bake at 200-220°C (390 -420°F) for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with a drizzle of honey, fresh mint and low fat yogurt.
- Take care as ovens do vary you may need to reduce the temperature half way through the baking process. They should finish with a nice golden color.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.