Maple & Soy Milk Pudding with Forest Berries
Type of Dish Dessert
- 700 ml (20 fl oz) soy milk
- 1 vanilla bean (split and seeds scraped)
- 5 egg yolks
- 55 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 20 g (1 1/2 Tbsp) corn flour
- 3 gelatin leaves
- 100 ml (3 1/4 fl oz) maple syrup (Plus 30ml for Garnish)
- 30 g (1 oz) blueberries (for garnish)
- 30 g (1 oz) raspberries (for garnish)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (for garnish)
- Soak gelatin leaves in cold water until soft (about 5 minutes). Squeeze out excess water from gelatin and reserve.
- In a pan heat up soy milk with vanilla pod and vanilla seeds cook over low heat for about 5 minutes to infuse. Remove pan from heat. Add gelatin and maple syrup to hot soy milk and mix well.
- Beat yolks, sugar and corn flour together with a whisk until light and creamy, add hot soy milk mixture to the eggs. Return to the pan, then cook, stirring, for about 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into 250ml serving cups and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours until set.
- Garnish the top of the pudding with the berries and fresh mint, drizzle with the remaining maple syrup
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.