Mint & Spring Water Jelly with Fresh Fruit
Type of Dish Dessert
- 2 lt (2 quarts) natural spring water
- 30 g (1 oz) gelatin
- 200 g (1/2 lb) sugar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) mint leaves
- 10 ml (2 tsp) mint liquor
- 200 g (1/2 lb) strawberries
- Infuse the mint leaves and sugar in 200ml of the water. To do this just pour boiling water over the mint leaves and leave to infuse for 10 minutes, add the gelatin leaves to the mint tea, bring to a simmer until the Gelatin melts. Pass this through a fine sieve and the lemon juice.
- Put the Jelly in the fridge and leave for 1 hour to set.
- Chop the Jelly with a knife. Coarsely chop the strawberries. Put the chopped strawberries into serving bowls. Spoon the chopped Jelly on top and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve as a dessert in the summertime. This is a very light and fresh dessert. In Japan where I’ve lived for many years the quality of the water is very good. For this jelly the quality of the water really is important. Depending on where you live and what the quality of water is like it may be best to use bottled mineral water. You can use what ever soft fruit you like for this, but I this berries work best.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.