Low Fat Strawberry & Yogurt Mousse
Type of Dish Dessert
- 150 g (5 oz) fresh strawberries (plus 4 for garnish)
- 650 ml (22 fl oz) low fat vanilla yogurt (or low fat plain yogurt)
- 1 egg white (whipped to stiff peaks)
- 2 leaves gelatin leaves
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) sugar free granola
- 4 sprigs mint leaves
- Mix strawberries in a Food Processor to make a coulis, pass through a fine sieve and reserve.
- Whip egg white to firm peak. Soften the gelatin leaves in cold water and warm up 50g of Strawberry Coulis.
- Add softened gelatin to the warm strawberry coulis, stir until The gelatin is melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Add the strawberry gelatin mixture to the remaining strawberry and yogurt, mix well.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg white. Pour into Serving Bowls and leave in the refrigerator to set for about 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve garnish the top of each mousse with granola, chopped strawberry and fresh mint.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.