Cretan style Dakos Bread with Tomato & Feta
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 8 pieces dry Cretan dakos bread (Paximadia)
- 100 g (1/4 lb) feta cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 5 g (1 tsp) oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 12 pieces black olives (for garnish)
- Place the Dakos bread on a tray and sprinkle with 2tsp of cold water and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Cover with a damp cloth and leave for 10 minutes.
- Grate the tomatoes on a course grater, season with a pinch of salt, oregano and 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- grate the feta cheese on a course grater.
- spread the tomato onto the dakos, sprinkle the feta on top. sprinkle a little bit more oregano on top. garnish with olives and serve.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.