Gluten Free Bread
Type of Dish Bread
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) fine corn flour
- 30 g (1 oz) yeast
- 80 g (2 ¾ oz) sugar
- 20 g (1 ¼ Tbsp) Salt
- 55 g egg
- 10 g (2 oz) baking powder
- 50 g (1 ¾ oz) butter
- 600 ml (20 fl oz) water
- 600 ml (20 fl oz) milk
- Mix the yeast with 100ml of water and a pinch of sugar and leave at room temperature to activate for 20 minutes. Melt the butter and reserve. Put all the dry ingredients together in the mixer and mix well at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, water, milk and yeast. Mix for 8 to 10 minutes at medium to high speed. Add the butter toward the end.
- Leave in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes. Use (20cm L x 10cm W x 10cm H) Baking tin 800g of dough per tin. Grease the baking tins with some some butter. Add dough to the tins and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 180°C (350°F). Recipe makes 3 X 800g Loaves
- It's important to know that when cooking the nature of ingredients varies considerably from country to country. Cooking will always be a continual learning process. The corn flour that I bought in Hokkaido was of a very high quality. It's called golden corn flour. It's very fine in texture. When you try this recipe, if you're not able to achieve a good result then I would suggest experimenting with different brands and types of Corn flour. I suggest the fine types (not course grain). I hope this recipe works for you.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.