Beetroot & Spinach Salad with Ginger Yogurt Dressing
Type of Dish Salad
- 6 medium beetroots
- 200 g (1/2 lb) baby spinach leaves
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 60 ml (2 oz) low fat yogurt
- 8 g (1/2 Tbsp) ginger (grated)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- To make the dressing whisk together yogurt, ginger, olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the beetroots, wrap them in tinfoil and bake the in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 1 1/2 hours, until soft when pricked with a fork. Leave the beets to cool, peel them and cut into wedges.
- Mix the spinach leaves and red onion together and put into serving bowls. Scatter the cooked beetroot on top and drizzle with the ginger dressing.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 50 minutes.