BBQ Tofu Parcels with Mozzarella & Basil
Type of Dish Main Course
- 200 g (1/2 lb) grated mozzarella cheese
- 20 g (1 cup) fresh basil (chopped)
- 30 g (1 oz) bacon (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 1/2 bunch garlic chives or spring onions(chopped)
- 30 (2 Tbsp) of mayonnaise
- 15 (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- Saute bacon and onion in olive oil. Add garlic, garlic chives and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix well, cut the tofu pouches in half. Stuff each pouch with cheese mixture and close with a toothpick. Cook over a BBQ for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tofu is crispy.
- Serve the tofu parcels immediately while still hot. They go well with rocket salad. Take care when you cook them as they can burn easily.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.