Broccoli & Tomato Salad with Shaved Parmesan
Type of Dish Salad
- 450 g Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 6 large tomatoes (cut into 8 pieces each)
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 30 g (1 oz) parmesan cheese (shaved)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes
- Prepare the tomatoes
- make dressing by whisking together the balsamic and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix tomato and broccoli in a bowl with the dressing. Arrange salad in bowls and garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese
- When tomato & broccoli are combined there is a strong synergistic effect with the body’s ability to absorb antioxidants. The bioactive compounds found in each food reduce the risk of Cancer.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.