Turmeric & Black Pepper Soup with Sour Cream
Type of Dish Soup
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 150 ml white wine (4 fl oz)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1.5 lt (1 ½ quarts) chicken stock
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) cream
- 14 g (1 Tbsp) turmeric
- To taste sea salt
- To taste black pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 5 minutes) add turmeric cook for 2 minutes, add the white wine and reduce by half. Add potato and stock cook for 45 minutes until union is soft.
- add cream puree soup in a liquidizer. Season with and salt pepper, add lemon juice. Serve hot.
- Turmeric & Black Pepper Turmeric has long been studied for its anticancer properties, anti-inflammatory effects, and tumor-fighting activities known in nutrition-speak as anti-angiogenesis. The active agent in the spice is a plant chemical, or polyphenol, called curcumin. One of the problems with using turmeric to improve your health is its low bioavailability when eaten on its own. But there's a solution, and it's probably in your pantry. Adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin's bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper's hot property called piperine. This is one reason it's thought that curry has both turmeric (curcumin) and black pepper combined. So keep in mind, you'll get the benefits of turmeric if you pepper up your curries.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 50 minutes.