Spicy Oven fried Chicken Drum Sticks
Type of Dish Main Course
- 16 chicken drumsticks (skinned)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) low fat milk
- 100 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 150 g (¾ cup) fine dry bread crumbs
- 15 g (2 tsp) dried oregano, crushed
- 5 g (1tsp) paprika powder
- 2 g (¼ tsp) black pepper
- 50 g (1/4 cup) butter (melted)
- 8 g (½ Tbsp) fresh oregano
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease two large shallow baking pans. In a small bowl combine eggs and milk. In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken drumsticks into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange drumsticks in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces do not touch. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 5o minutes until chicken is tender. Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh oregano.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 50 minutes.