Apple & Pumpkin Muffins
Type of Dish Dessert
- 140 g (1 ¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 g (½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) toasted wheat germ
- 5 g (1tsp) allspice
- 8 g (1½ tsp) baking powder
- 3 g (½ tsp) salt
- 2 g (¼ tsp) baking soda
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 100 g (1 cup) chopped pumpkin (cooked)
- 150 g (¾ cup) sour cream
- 150 g (1/3 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 50 g (¼ cup) packed brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Brush twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with vegetable oil and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, allspice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, sour cream, applesauce, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture. Mix together until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean they will be ready.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.