Spaghetti with Cannellini Beans, Lemon & Thyme
Type of Dish Main Course
- 100 g (¼ lb) red bell pepper (chopped)
- 100 g (¼ lb) yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 100 g (¼ lb) green bell pepper (chopped)
- 400 g (1 lb) cooked cannellini beans
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 3 g (½ tsp) dried thyme
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 30 g (1 oz) parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 120 g (4 oz) dried multigrain spaghetti
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 10 g (2 tsp) garlic (chopped)
- 50 ml (¼ cup) dry white wine
- 2 g (½ tsp) lemon zest
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add vegetables, cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans, white wine, lemon juice, thyme, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Cook uncovered for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture, toss gently to combine.
- Divide into serving bowls, sprinkle parmesan and lemon zest on top and serve.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.