Asparagus with Garlic & Olive Oil (Zeytinyagli Kuskonmaz)
Type of Dish Vegetarian
- 2 bunches asparagus (cut in1 inch lengths)
- 2 medium carrots (cut into julienne)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 5 g (1 tsp) sugar
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) olive oil
- 100 ml (½ cup) hot water
- 1/4 bunch dill (for garnish)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- At the bottom of a large pot make a layer with the garlic and onion. On top of this place a layer of asparagus. Cover with carrots and mushrooms. Finally, spread tomatoes all over. Sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle with olive oil add hot water and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a lid on the pot and cook over low heat for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Serve either hot or cold with fresh dill.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.