Tunisian Vegetable Stew with Cabbage & Chickpeas
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1 onion (diced)
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 600 g (3 cups) thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 large bell peppers (diced)
- 800 g (2 lbs) large tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 450 g (1 lb) cooked chickpeas
- 50 g (¼ cup) raisins
- 200 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 10 g (2 tsp) ground coriander
- 5 g (1 tsp) turmeric powder
- 3 g (½ tsp) cinnamon powder
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Sauté onions in olive oil until tender, add cabbage, sauté for another 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and spices, stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and raisins.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with couscous or rice.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.