Type of Dish Main Course
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (medium dice)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 6 slices smoked bacon (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled, medium dice)
- 2 red bell peppers (medium dice)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 5 g (1 tsp) sweet paprika powder
- 10 eggs
- 200 ml (1/3) cup milk
- 50 g (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese (grated)
- 100 g (¼lb) Mixed salad leaves (to serve)
- Heat oil in a large heavy based skillet (20 to 22cm base) or a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is soft. Add bell pepper, potato and paprika powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes until potato is tender.
- Preheat grill to medium. Whisk eggs, Parmesan and milk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture add parsley. Tilt pan to distribute egg mixture evenly. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortilla is almost set (eggs should be set underneath but surface still runny).
- Place under grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just set and light golden. Set aside for 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula and turn onto a plate or chopping board. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad leaves. You may also like to try adding some chopped chorizo sausage to this recipe.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.