Moroccan potato salad
This dish can be a great addition to a meze menu.
Type of Dish Salad
- 450 g (1 lb) sweet potatoes (medium dice)
- 150 g (1/3 cup) raisins
- 400 ml (2 cups) water
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) cinnamon powder
- to taste ground black pepper
- 1 g (1/8 tsp) ground turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- Place raisins in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place diced sweet potatoes into a saucepan, cover with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cook until soft, to check pierce them with a fork.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and return them to the pan.
- Over low heat add honey, butter, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, and saffron. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain raisins and stir into sweet potato mixture.
- Drizzle will olive oil and serve at room temperature.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.