Spicy Broad Bean Dip (Bigilla)
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 500 g (1 lb)?dried broad beans (soaked overnight)
- 1.5 lt (6 cups)?chicken stock
- 3 ?cloves garlic
- 1 ?large red chili (chopped)
- 80 ml (? cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ?lemon (juiced)
- Place beans and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add garlic and chilli, and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Leave beans to cool and blend in a food processor with oil and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crackers and carrots.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.