Maltese Fish Soup with Marjoram, Tomato and Garlic (Aljotta)
Type of Dish Soup
- 450 g (1 lb) white fish
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 12 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 lb tomato (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 10 g (2 tsp) tomato paste
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch dry mint
- to taste Black pepper
- 100 g (1/2 cup) cooked rice (optional)
- 400 ml (4 cups) fish stock
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, add garlic, herbs, & tomato paste. Cook for a few minutes, add tomato and fish stock. Bring to simmer, add fish. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Before serving add cooked rice if desired
Preparation Time is approxmiately 45 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.