Type of Dish Salad
- 3 pieces pita bread (cut into 2 inch squares)
- 500 ml (2½ cups) vegetable oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 small cucumbers (peeled and diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 1/4 bunch fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 5 g (1 tsp) dried onion flakes
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 80 ml (5 Tbsp) olive oil
- 50 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- For the bread. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place pita pieces into the skillet. Fry in batches until crispy, remove to paper towels to drain.
- To make the dressing. Put lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, onion flakes, celery salt, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- To finish. Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Toss salad with fried pita pieces and dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste, and serve.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.