Baked Snapper with Sumac and Oregano
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1.8 kg (4 lb) fresh Red Snapper (whole fish)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 6 cloves (crushed)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 25 g (5 tsp) dry oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 25 g (5 tsp) sumac
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) extra olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Wash fish with cold water and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Season with salt and 2 tsp of oregano. Put some sliced lemon inside the fish.
- Place fish in a baking tray and bake at 180°C (350 °F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped bell peppers, sumac, coriander and remaining oregano together. Add salt to taste.
- When the fish is just about cooked remove from oven. With a knife cut the fish open and remove all the bones. Spread the spice mixture all over the fish. Return fish to oven for another 10 minutes. When fish is done serve hot with Fatoush salad.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.