Fava Bean Breakfast Spread
Type of Dish Breakfast
- 450 g (1 lb) fava beans (cooked)
- 300 ml (¾ cup) water or light chicken stock
- 20 ml 1½ Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 5 g (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- to taste black pepper (freshly ground)
- Add olive oil to a pot, sauté onions and cumin until the onions are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add tomato, cooked beans, salt and pepper. Next add the water or stock. Bring to a simmer, cook on low flame for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, cook for another 5 minutes, stir in the parsley and serve hot with pita bread.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.