Cypriot style Pork Sausages with Red Onion and Tomato (Sheftalia)
Type of Dish Main Course
- 800 g (2 lbs) minced pork
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) Italian parsley (chopped)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper (freshly ground)
- 200 g (½ lb) pigs caul (crepinette)
- ½ red onion for garnish (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato for garnish (chopped)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Italian parsley for garnish (chopped)
- Mix the pork, onion and parsley together in a bowl and season well with salt and black pepper. Divide the mixture into balls slightly bigger than golf balls.
- Next, in your hand form them into a short sausage shape and wrap them with crepinette. They should be about 3cm thick and 6 to 7cm long. Cook them on the BBQ until the crepinette melts and becomes a crispy golden color.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped tomato, Italian parsley and fine dice of raw red onion. Goes particularly well with cold beer.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 45 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.