Tiger Prawns with Garlic, Tomato and Feta Cheese
Type of Dish Main Course
- 800 g (2 lbs) raw peeled tiger prawns (size 16-20)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes (skinned, deseeded and chopped)
- ½ large onion (fine dice)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) ouzo
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) parsley (chopped)
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) feta cheese (crumbled)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste to taste black pepper (freshly ground)
- Season prawns with salt and pepper, sauté briefly with 1 Tbsp of olive oil on high flame for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a tray.
- Add one Tbsp of olive oil, onion and garlic to the same pan. Cook until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes). Add tomato, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Return the prawns to the pan cook for 2 minutes. Add the ouzo and parsley, tranfer all the a gratin dish and top with the crumbled feta cheese. Place under a preheated salamander (broiler) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on high.
- Serve with steamed rice, crusty bread, mixed leaf salad and a glass of cold dry white wine. If you prefer you could also pair this with a glass of ouzo.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.