North Croatian style Roast Duck
Type of Dish Main Course
- 2.5 kg (5½ lbs) whole duck
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) lard (or olive oil)
- 20 g (1¼ Tbsp) sea salt
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) marjoram
- Clean the duck. Mix salt and marjoram together in a small bowl first, then put inside the duck, with your hand rub the salt and marjoram all around inside the duck. Leave to marinate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250°C. add duck to a hot roasting tray, pour hot lard over the skin of the duck. Immediately put the duck into hot oven, roast for 20 to 30 minutes at 250°C then reduce to about 180°C.
- a 2.5kg duck will take about 1 ½ to 2 hours depending on your oven.
- When the duck comes out of the oven leave it to rest for 15 minutes first before you carve it.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 3 hours.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 2 hours.