Croatian Lamb Stew with Paprika and Green Peas
Type of Dish Main Course
- 800 g (2 lbs) lamb leg or shoulder (large dice)
- 220 g (½ lb) onion (fine dice)
- 300 g (¾ lb) fresh green peas
- 200 g (½ lb) potato (peeled, fine dice)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) lard (or olive oil)
- 10 g (2 tsp) paprika powder
- 3 g (½ tsp) dry thyme
- 200 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 600 ml (3 cups) water
- 1 (1 tsp) sea salt
- 3 (½ tsp) black pepper (freshly ground)
- Sauté onion in lard until it becomes soft and transparent, add lamb and sauté until meat starts to release liquid.
- add paprika powder, thyme, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add wine and sauté until alcohol evaporates. Add water and cook covered for about 40 to 60 minutes.
- Add green peas and potato and continue to cook until all ingredients become soft and the liquid is reduced a bit. Serve hot.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.