Garlic and Potato Dip (Skordalia)
Type of Dish Sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- 200 g (½ lb) boiled potato
- 150 ml (¾ cup) cup extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 25 g (1 ounce) black olives (for garnish)
- to taste to taste salt
- The traditional way to make this is in a pestle and mortar, but you can use a food processor and get just as good a result in half the time. Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Add the potato, garlic, salt and vinegar to the processor and mix until combined.
- Add the olive oil slowly in a thin stream and continue mixing continuously.
- Serve in a dipping bowl. Garnish with black olives lemon wedges and a drizzle of olive oil to accompany
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.