Bosnian Style stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Type of Dish Main Course
- 6 red bell peppers
- 500 g (1¼ lbs) turkey mince
- 1 1 egg
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 100 g (½ cup) rice (uncooked)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 20 g (1 ½ Tbsp) parsley (chopped)
- 2 2 bay leaves
- 300 g (¾ lb) sour cream
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers, remove the seeds. Chop the bell pepper tops into fine dice and set aside.
- Mix chopped bell pepper with remaining ingredients and use the mixture to stuff the peppers.
- Put stuffed peppers upright in a cooking pot and add chicken stock or water ¾ of the way up the height of the peppers. Add 2 bay leaves, place a tightly fitting lid on the pot and put to cook.
- At high flame bring up to a boil,reduce to low and simmer until the peppers are tender and the meat and rice is cooked, about an hour.
- Serve hot, the traditional way to serve these delicious stuffed peppers is with mashed potato and sour cream on the side.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.