Marinated Red Mullet with Berry Vinaigrette
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 400 g (1 lb) red mullet fillet
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) raspberry vinegar
- 8 g (1 ½ tsp) lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 6 strawberries (chopped)
- 12 coriander leaves (for garnish)
- to taste sea salt
- To make raspberry vinaigrette, mix vinegar, olive oil and half the chopped lemongrass.
- Marinade fillets with half the chopped lemongrass and a little olive oil. Season fish with salt, cook fillets under a hot salamander until just done (about 4 to 5 minutes depending on thickness of fillets. Marinade cooked fillets with a little raspberry vinaigrette for 1/2 hour.
- Add chopped strawberry to vinaigrette. Arrange the fillets on serving plates, spoon some of the vinaigrette and strawberries onto the fish, garnish with coriander and serve. Careful not to overcook the fillets, red mullet cooks very quickly. This is a great summer dish. Avoid frozen fish, always use fresh. Goes well with a dry Rose wine.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.