Spinach and Feta Spring Rolls
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 16 sheets spring roll pastry
- 300 g (¾ lb) feta cheese (crumbled)
- 500 g (1 ¼ lb) spinach (washed and chopped)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) fresh ginger (chopped)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 1 pinch Chinese 5 spice powder
- In a hot wok add olive oil, garlic and ginger stir-fry for 15 seconds, add the onion cook for 10 seconds more (stirring). Add spinach and bean sprouts, cook for about 1 ½ minutes until the spinach wilts. Add sesame oil and Chinese 5 spice. Transfer to a tray and leave to cool.
- Add feta cheese and mix through. Roll up the mixture one by one into small spring rolls (about 30 to 40g of mix) per spring roll.
- Deep fry at 180C until crispy. Serve with green chili lime dip
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.
Green Chili and Coriander Dip
Type of Dish Sauce
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) Green chili (chopped)
- 180 g (1 cup) Rice vinegar
- 80 g (5 Tbsp) Olive oil
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp) Vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 80 ml (5 Tbsp) Lime juice
- 1/2 bunch Coriander
- 20 ml (1 ½ Tbsp) Soy sauce
- 1 pinch Salt
- Put the garlic, chili and salt in a blender, add the oil and vinegar and mix well, add the remaining ingredients and mix for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Goes well with seafood.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.