Yellow Gazpacho with Clam Ceviche
Type of Dish Soup
- 4 large yellow tomatoes (chopped)
- 8 x yellow bel peppers
- 1 white onion(chopped)
- 2 yellow chili (chopped)
- 2 small cucumber (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices dry white bread
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- to taste sea salt
- to taste pepper to taste
- 10 large live clams (for ceviche)
- 3 green chili (chopped, for ceviche)
- 4 lime (juiced, for ceviche)
- 1 red onion (chopped, for ceviche)
- 30 g (1 oz) coriander (chopped for ceviche)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and leave at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, Blend all ingredients together until well combined. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Choosing quality vegetables will determine how good this soup will be, tomatoes should be ripe and sweet. Generally if put quality into this soup, then of course it will come through in the result. If you like you can leave this soup a bit course. I prefer to pass it through a course conical sieve.
- For the ceviche, open the clams, blanch them in boiling water for 10 seconds, refresh in icy water drain and dry on paper. Slice the clams thinly and marinade with lime juice, chili, onion and chopped coriander.
- Garnish the soup with clam cevishe
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.