Flame Seared Salmon with Gremolata, Ponzu & Truffle Oil
Type of Dish Sashimi
- 250 g (1 ¼ lbs) fresh salmon fillet (sashimi grade)
- 10 g flat leaf parsley
- 2.5 g garlic (chopped)
- 5 g lemon skin (chopped)
- 80 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml rice vinegar
- 50 ml orange juice
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 20 ml lime juice
- 20 ml yuzu juice
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) truffle oil
- To make ponzu mix soy, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, yuzu juice and lemon juice together and reserve, For tomato confit put the tomatoes in a small pot with 75ml of olive oil, cook at low temperature for about 1 hour, leave them in the oil until you are ready to use them.
- To make gremolata, chop lemon skin, garlic and parsley, mix together and reserve
- Remove the skin and slice the salmon into 3mm thick slices with a sharp knife (use a sashimi knife if you have one)
- Lay the slices of salmon on serving dishes, with a torch briefly scorch the slices for 5 seconds (they should remain 80% raw). Drizzle ponzu over the fish, scatter with gremolata, drizzle with truffle oil and garnish with a tomato confit.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.